To celebrate the Content Bureau’s 20th anniversary, we’re seeking wisdom from 20 rock star clients whose serious B2B marketing cred, brains, and heart have always inspired us. Next up: Marci Walsh.
- Name: Marci Walsh
- In: San Francisco
- Hired the Content Bureau at: Autodesk, FICO
- For: Tech and fintech marketing content
- One word to describe the Content Bureau: Fresh
- Best marketing asset ever produced: Case study book
- Why: This collection of case studies, organized by industry, was the first of its kind. Sales loved that piece! It was then adopted as a best practice by several other marketing teams at my company.
- Biggest challenge facing B2B marketers today: We need to cut through the noise with authenticity. Everyone’s suffering from information overload. In B2B, it can be challenging to find that credible, authentic voice without sounding too casual.
- B2B marketers of the future should: Have broad experience across all marketing disciplines.
- If some extra budget fell into my lap, I’d produce: Another storytelling video. We recently asked consumers how they felt about their FICO Scores, and what their scores meant to them personally. We then shared these short clips with our B2B clients at our user event, FICO World, to tell a story about what customers like theirs were saying. It was really authentic, and one of our best-rated FICO World keynotes.
- Where I go to learn: My best learning is at fintech events like Money2020 and LendItFintech. I also read a lot of industry publications, plus The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- Smart ask: More-streamlined global coordination. In financial services, every country has its own set of regulations and financial infrastructure, so each geo’s marketing is unique. I’d love for us to be able to scale for this more efficiently.
Smart thoughts from Marci Walsh! It’s no surprise to me that Marci values and strives for authenticity in her marketing content—she’s one of the most thoughtful and authentic marketers we’ve had the pleasure of supporting during our 20 years.
Want to discuss anything here? Call me, or check out or technology and financial marketing services.